My latest obsession is Silva's Patisserie - a darling sweets shop in Vienna, VA. Silva opened the patisserie with her son Harry in 2008. Harry was a former pastry chef for the Kennedy Arts Center in D.C. Their shop features European-style miniature desserts, as well as wedding cakes and middle eastern specialty foods. When I googled "patisserie" I found that it is defined as, "a type of French or Belgian bakery that specializes in pastries and sweets. In both countries it is a legally controlled title that may only be used by bakeries that employ a licensed maître pâtissier (master pastry chef)." The first time Josh and I walked into the store we stood in front of the display case drooling over which perfectly crafted sweets to choose. This is what we left with.
Not included in this photo is one very scrumptious chocolate chip cookie and a free baguette. From left to right - creme brulee, strawberry bavarian cream puff, key lime pie, lemon pie, a rum ball and red velvet cake. Tiny bites of heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment